Winning one NCAA national championship may be a fluke, but what about 10 in a 12-year period? What if seven of those wins are in a row? There’s no question about it—there was something special about coach John Wooden’s leadership.
When it came to coaching, Wooden had only had three hard-and-fast rules: no profanity, tardiness, or criticizing fellow teammates. But in his personal life he was guided by seven principles which influenced everything he did:
- Be true to yourself.
- Help others.
- Make friendship a fine art.
- Drink deeply from good books, especially the Bible.
- Make each day your masterpiece.
- Build a shelter against a rainy day by the life you live.
- Give thanks for your blessings and pray for guidance every day.
These principles were key to Coach Wooden’s ability to lead one of the greatest dynasties in sports history.
Today, March 8, you can get Coach Wooden: The 7 Principles that Shaped His Life and Will Change Yours from Vyrso—absolutely free! Head to Vyrso and pick up this powerful book today!