2016 is just three days away, and it’s time start setting those New Year’s resolutions! This year, we want to encourage you to memorize scripture!
Memorizing scripture may seem a bit old-school—but there are so many benefits. From helping you rest in God to meditating on words of hope to hold in your mind as you go through out your day, memorizing God’s word lets you find an internal source of joy and hope, no matter your circumstance.
Robert J. Morgan writes about memorization in his ebook, 100 Bible Verses Everyone Should Know by Heart saying, “It’s vital for mental and emotional health and for spiritual well-being, it’s as powerful as acorns dropping into furrows in the forest. It allows God’s words to sink into your brain and permeate your subconscious thoughts. It saturates the personality, satiates the soul, and stockpiles the mind.”
To encourage you as you embark upon 2016, we have grabbed 20 verses to memorize from Robert’s ebook:
1. Genesis 1:1 – In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2. Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
3. 2 Timothy 3:16 – All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness
4. John 14:6 – Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”
5. Isaiah 53: 5 – But He was pierced because of our transgressions, crushed because of our iniquities; punishment for our peace was on Him, and we are healed by His wounds.
6. Psalm 100:5 – For the LORD is good, and His love is eternal; His faithfulness endures through all generations.
7. Romans 8:28 – We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
8. 1 John 1:7 – But if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.
9. Psalm 55:22 – Cast your burden on the LORD, and He will support you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.
10. Romans 12:2 – Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.
11. Proverbs 1:7 – The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.
12. Galatians 5:22 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith.
13. Psalm 118:24 – This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
14. Revelation 12:12 – Rejoice in hope; be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer.
15. Philippians 4:7 – And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
16. James 1:5 – Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him.
17. Ephesians 2:8 – For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift.
18. Colossians 3:17 – And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
19. Isaiah 9:6 – For a child will be born for us, a son will be given to us, and the government will be on His shoulders. He will be named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
20. Revelation 21:1 – For a child will be born for us, a son will be given to us, and the government will be on His shoulders. He will be named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
Grab 100 Bible Verses Everyone Should Know by Heart today! Through it you will discover the importance of memorization and find 80 more verses selected to help you meditate on the goodness of God!
2016 is just three days away, and it’s time start setting those New Year’s resolutions! This year, we want to encourage you to memorize scripture! Memorizing scripture may seem a bit old-school—but there are so many benefits. From helping you rest in God to meditating on words of hope to hold in your mind as you […]