We’re 17 days into 2014, which means you probably started turning a blind eye to your New Year’s resolutions about 16 days ago (give or take a few slices of pie).
All of those fanciful dreams of shrinking your waistline, tightening your budget, and decreasing the clutter were quickly exchanged with nachos at midnight, a shiny new credit card, and boxes of old knickknacks stealthily shoved into the dark abyss that is your bedroom closet.
Instead of disappointing yourself with short-term resolutions based on shrinking areas of your life—make 2014 the year you resolve to grow. Grow closer to God, closer to your family, and closer to the person Christ wants you to be.
Don’t just make this a yearly resolution, though—make it a lifelong pursuit. To do this, you need to make prayer and devotions a daily commitment. Together, these two activities keep Christ on your mind throughout the day, open you up to the awesomeness of the Word, bring you closer to the people you study Scripture with, and train you to talk with God all the time.
“For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.” —Romans 15:4
Devotions to help you grow
We’re offering a huge sale on devotionals that are perfect for you, your kids, and your family. Through January 27, get all of these resources for under $5 each:
- 30 Words: A Devotional for the Rest of Us by Jarrid Wilson—get it for $1.99
- Yours Is the Day, Lord, Yours Is the Night: A Morning and Evening Prayer Book by David P. Gushee—get it for $2.99
- The Christian History Devotional: 365 Readings & Prayers to Deepen & Inspire Your Faith by J. Stephen Lang—get it for $3.99
- The Message: SOLO Devotions for New Believers by Eugene H. Peterson—get it for $4.49
- Awakening Faith: Daily Devotions from the Early Church by James Stuart Bell—get it for $4.99
- A Year with G. K. Chesterton: 365 Days of Wisdom, Wit, and Wonder by Kevin Belmonte—get it for $3.99
- Celebrate Recovery Daily Devotional: 366 Devotionals by John Baker—get it for $4.99
- 40 Days with Jesus: Celebrating His Presence by Sarah Young—get it for $1.99
- Marriage: Daily Encouragement for Your Marriage by Freeman—get it for $2.99
- Once a Day Everyday . . . For a Woman of Grace by Freeman—get it for $2.99
- Devotions for the Man in the Mirror: 75 Readings to Cultivate a Deeper Walk with Christ by Patrick Morley—get it for $3.99
Support your children’s devotions
On top of making devotionals a personal priority, help your children start out on the right foot, too. Here are a few discounted devotionals that are perfect for the kids in your life:
- The Beginners Bible: Kid-Sized Devotions by Kelly Pulley—get it for $1.99
- Once-a-Day Devotional for Teens by Kevin Johnson—get it for $2.99
- Real Girls of the Bible: A 31-Day Devotional by Mona Hodgson—get it for $2.99
- The 2:52 Ultimate Devo for Boys: 365 Devos to Make You Stronger, Smarter, Deeper, and Cooler by Ed Strauss—get it for $2.99
- God’s Little Princess Bedtime Devotional by Sheila Walsh—get it for $2.99
- Read and Share Bedtime Bible and Devotional by Gwen Ellis—get it for $4.99
- God’s Little Princess Devotional Bible: Bible Storybook by Sheila Walsh—get it for $3.99
- Read and Share Devotional by Gwen Ellis—get it for $3.99
- Once a Day: Devotional for Teens by Kenvin Johnson—get it for $2.99
Now’s the time to make devotions and prayer a daily habit: choose from 20 devotionals for yourself, or your kids, today!
We’re 17 days into 2014, which means you probably started turning a blind eye to your New Year’s resolutions about 16 days ago (give or take a few slices of pie). All of those fanciful dreams of shrinking your waistline, tightening your budget, and decreasing the clutter were quickly exchanged with nachos at midnight, a […]